Sunday, February 21, 2010

Olympics, Valentine's, Plum Blossoms, etc.

Other than going to Hokkaido, what else has been going on this February for me, that stand out?


* Aside from watching ABDC Season 5 online and Japanese TV at home, I've also been watching the 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympic Games (of course cheering for short-track speed skater Apolo Anton Ohno since 2002; Congrats for his 6th and 7th medals... may the 8th be Gold!) on TV, this time in Japan.  I would've gone to Vancouver to see Apolo skate if I were still in SF.  I'm also watching figure skating and other sports.  Due to the time difference, most competitions occur during my work hours so I can't watch most of them live.  The 1500m and 1000m races have been on Sundays though, so I'm happy I get to watch Apolo on TV live.
* I taught about St. Valentine's Day, 
gave out valentines cards and Japanese & imported American chocolates to all staff/teachers, 
and kinda got into the system of making (by melting and pouring) chocolates like the Japanese do but I was alone on 2/14 and the chocolates are still here.  I wasn't so sad/lonely cuz I got to see Apolo on TV that day.  I got a few chocolates from students and teachers the following day (Monday) though.
* I've FINALLY pretty much recovered from a really bad cold I had for about 3 weeks... I'm still sometimes coughing out mucus/snot (whatever it's called)
* On 2/19, I had a grand fancy dinner with 11 of the female staff/teachers and 2-hour karaoke afterwards with 4 of them
A waiter gave this heart-shaped beef only to me because I was taking pics, not because he's interested in me, lol
* I've seen plum blossoms, both white and pink.  I finally had a (short) work-out!  Stretched at home, jogged/walked at central park on 2/20.  I need to work out more often... biking around isn't enough in the winter.
It's still chilly, but it's getting warmer... It's sunny this Sunday, and so was last Sunday.  I still haven't officially started karate... should I go?  I'm half lazy (it's a little far) and half disliking the cold (it's at night too).

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you made chocolate! How was it???
    How late is karate???

    ReplyDelete